Re: Does anyone ever check OCP certifications?

From: News <news_connection_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:33:34 +0100

According to my experience it doesn't matter. Not only it's not required but may be harmful in many situations. Claiming your are OCP certified may be seen as pretentious and doesn't prevent recruiters anyway from asking stupid trivial questions.. Don't forget that the majority of recruiters have no knowledge of the job there are recruiting for.. In computer science it's dramatic simply chaotic.. 80% of people that manage projects and recruit have no qualifications in computer science so they don't understand the difference. My Sybase certification didn't help me and I won't try oracle. Anyway I have actually a job that requires a high qualification and knowledge in Oracle after only 2 weeks of work at home to find out what all about.

Don't forget that 80% of people that act in computer science field are not skilled.