Re: java servlet accessing two different db at the same time

From: <stephen.howard_at_us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2005 17:20:39 -0800

RandyTh wrote:
> I am trying to create the servlet that searchs tables with the same
> strcuture but on different DB( Oracle and MSSQL ) and get search result
> based on the search condition specified. Currently I am going one by one to
> through the SQL sentence and assemble the search result. However, the each
> table has about 400000 rows so takes time get all result
> back to the browser. I was thinking if i can throw the sql sentence to each
> table on the difference db at the same time
> time takes to get the search result will be shorter. Is it possible to do
> this?

My assumption is you are not actually returning 400,000 rows for each RDBMS, but only a subset. If you are trying to this exclusively through JDBC and not through Heterogenous Services, then you can always thread the requests to each RDBMS (unless you are doing this through a J2EE app server, in which case the container may provide the threading functionality).

Regards,

Steve Received on Fri Nov 11 2005 - 19:20:39 CST