Re: How to corrupt oracle block

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2005 07:23:27 -0800

The two referenced links did not seem to provide the necessary specifics. I do not know how to corrupt a block using dd and the man pages on our system do not seem to have the necessary information in them either. I suspect the system manuals have more detail.

But any binary editor could be used to corrupt a block providing the Oracle file owner ID is used to perform the edit.

Also a program or script could be written in any computer language that supports randon IO to a file opened in binary mode to read and write data at a specified offset.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Nov 11 2005 - 09:23:27 CST