Re: Has anyone duplicated a 10gR2 database (with tempfiles) using RMAN

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:17:08 +0100

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:34:15 +1000, Snewber <snew_at_snew.com> wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone has done this yet as the 10gR2 version of RMAN
>records tempfile information, but I have been unable to duplicate a
>database without having to drop and add the tempfiles manually.

As they are *temp* files, there is nothing lost. Maybe some more RSI because of extra typing, but that's about it.
>New syntax allows for tempfile renaming, however, I still get errors
>when the tempfile is first used.

'errors' is deliberately vague.

>set newname for tempfile 1 to '/a01/o/DUP/temp.dbf';
>
>SWITCH TEMPFILE ALL;
I recall an identical post (which was responded to) of you the other day. I'm sure you are not going to repeat it here every day, until you get the answer that suits you, aren't you? After all there is something like Metaclunk, and when the correct amount of money has been deposited on the Oracle bank account, they are obliged to help you out.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA