Re: Trouble opening up a DB after removing a dbf manually

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:59:35 -0800

bob wrote:
> Dear Oracle Masters,
> I have deleted a file through unix (BOBBY_TBSP.dbf ) because it was
> corrupted and now my oracle instance does not start up

Please excuse me for jumping on you Bob ... nothing personal ... but what is it that possesses people in responsible IT positions to do things like delete files when they clearly have no understanding of the consequences of their actions and almost always make things worse.

You are not alone. I see this all the time. And I just don't get it.

The very first thing you should have done was opened a TAR with Oracle. It is still the best possible advice I can give you ... Unless you have access to someone that is a skilled Oracle DBA.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org