Re: Need help creating a database

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 10 Nov 2005 17:06:42 -0800

Randy thanks for the update. It has been a long week for me at work and I did not see your problem till now.

Hindsight of course is 20/20 but one of the things that is probably worth putting together is a script or set of software that will tell how what files have changed in your unix environment since the last stable point.

There's a whole set of different utilties that do this stuff, and everyone has their own favorites.

When you get to the point where you did get to, if you have something like this that identifies what files have changed, you have a potentially much better starting point.

You might have said " hmmm sqlnet.ora is different I wonder why? ".

Of course, if you had something like this available and had run it immediately after you had done the vendor install, it might have been picked up before you even got started down your trouble path. Received on Thu Nov 10 2005 - 19:06:42 CST