Re: When it's not so busy

From: Glen <stromqueat_at_telusdotnet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:43:07 GMT

Ed_Zep wrote:
> Would be interested to know what the DBAs out there do when things are
> slack, i.e. everything's running fine.
>
> Serious answers please!

On the job:

play with Linux/Oracle (we are a windows shop) check in on my sqlserver databases
play with mysql and postrgres (to do)
read and try and make sense of all the (sometimes contradictory)tuning articles out there
browse this forum and a few other web pages & blogs (TK,HJR,JL etc.) attend to my various other duties (radio system, app support) needle the windows/network admins about Linux ogle the girls
try to stay awake in afternoon meetings

Off the job:

photography
collect old camera's (30+ and counting)
collect new camera's (6 and counting)
explain to my wife why I need so many camera's hunting moose and deer
make my own beer (most excellent beer to, I might add) design web sites Received on Thu Nov 10 2005 - 12:43:07 CST