Re: Trouble opening up a DB after removing a dbf manually

From: Eric de Redelijkheid <ericdere_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:21:22 +0100

Anno Domini 10-11-2005 18:06, bob sprak aldus:

>Dear Oracle Masters,
>I have deleted a file through unix (BOBBY_TBSP.dbf ) because it was
>corrupted and now my oracle instance does not start up, using my
>username and password:
>
>-bash-3.00$ sqlplus testdb/testdb
>
>SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Thu Nov 10 10:48:21 2005
>
>Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
>ERROR:
>ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress
>
>when I log in to sql through sysdba and I try to startup the instance
>these are the error that I get:
>
>SQL> startup
>ORACLE instance started.
>
>Total System Global Area 320303288 bytes
>Fixed Size 737464 bytes
>Variable Size 285212672 bytes
>Database Buffers 33554432 bytes
>Redo Buffers 798720 bytes
>Database mounted.
>ORA-01157: cannot identify/lock data file 11 - see DBWR trace file
>ORA-01110: data file 11: '/u01/oracle/oradata/testdb/BOBBY_TBSP.dbf'
>
>Please let me know how can I recover this .dbf file after removing it
>manually.
>
>Thanks a lot for your time
>Bobby

if:
- your database is in archivelogmode
- you backed up your datafiles via RMAN or manually after putting the tablespace or datafile in backup mode
- you stil have your archivelogs between the last backup and the removal of the file

then:
- restore the datafile from backup
- restore (if necessary) the archivelogs

SQL> startup mount
SQL> recover database
SQL> alter database open;