Re: dbca fails to create db

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 10 Nov 2005 08:17:01 -0800

Daud wrote:
> Environment:
>
> 2 HPUX servers running 11.11 os
> Clustering using ServiceGuard with Ext for RAC
> Oracle 9iR2 (9.2.0.6.0) installed successfully on both nodes.
> Data files for oracle using raw device.
>
> Trying to create the RAC database on the 2 servers using DBCA when I
> encountered this error:
>
> "oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.ClusterException: PRKC-1004 : Problem in
> copying file to nodes"
>
> Found note 219041.1 in metalink. Tried the suggested fix but didn't
> work. What else can I try? Has anyone encountered this problem?
>
> regards,
> Daud

Sorry Daud I am taking a look at the note you cited now.

You are running dbca as oracle user correct? Have the permissions for all the raw partitions been set correctly so that oracle owns and can write to them?

The metalink note suggested perhaps there was a problem with oratab?

Have you checked permissions on this file? It should be out there "BEFORE" dbca is running.

> ll oratab

-rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle sys 746 Oct 6 2004 oratab

> ll oratab

-rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle sys 746 Oct 6 2004 oratab Received on Thu Nov 10 2005 - 10:17:01 CST