Re: catalog.sql and deinstalling patchsets

From: JuniorDBA <juniordba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2005 08:09:46 -0800

Yes. But as soon as I bring the database up in production, while all applications are being tested, data is being input into the database. So if after data has been input, I find we have to roll it back, I don't want to use a cold backup because I'll loose that new data. Oracle says I have to do an export/import into a clean database. But I thought running catalog and catproc would recreate the data dictionary...and hence should be all I need?? What am I missing here?? Thanks.. Received on Thu Nov 10 2005 - 10:09:46 CST