Re: dbca fails to create db

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 10 Nov 2005 06:19:20 -0800

Daud wrote:
> Environment:
>
> 2 HPUX servers running 11.11 os
> Clustering using ServiceGuard with Ext for RAC
> Oracle 9iR2 (9.2.0.6.0) installed successfully on both nodes.
> Data files for oracle using raw device.
>
> Trying to create the RAC database on the 2 servers using DBCA when I
> encountered this error:
>
> "oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.ClusterException: PRKC-1004 : Problem in
> copying file to nodes"
>
> Found note 219041.1 in metalink. Tried the suggested fix but didn't
> work. What else can I try? Has anyone encountered this problem?
>
> regards,
> Daud

Daud your environment matches mine.

A couple of questions ...

You need a raw partition setup so that srvctl can operate. Do you have one? Did you run srvconfig -init first to initialize it?

Did you run gsdctl start on both sides?

You also need to pre-configure the entries for the remote listeners on both sides ( I do this manually ) and have the listeners started on both sides.

Did you set your DISPLAY and DBCA_RAW_CONFIG environment variables appropriately? Received on Thu Nov 10 2005 - 08:19:20 CST