Re: Recovery time

From: Jining Han <jining.han_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2005 05:42:40 -0800

redo of that size should be very fast during recovery. Something is wrong. I'd assume the recovery is just hanging, and no errors written to alert.log?

What's your OS? Is this on OCFS or what file system do you use for your database and archivelog destination? This has happened to me when the restored archived logs, originally placed on OCFS volumes, were placed on a regular Linux Ext3 file system.

JH Received on Thu Nov 10 2005 - 07:42:40 CST