Re: RAC internals - GLOBAL ENQUEUE SERVICES DEADLOCK DETECTED

From: Dusan Bolek <spambin_at_seznam.cz>
Date: 9 Nov 2005 01:47:59 -0800

It is getting more and more strange. We encountered today a bunch of problems that looks like a normal deadlock caused by application behaviour (lot of users deadlocking each other). In this case as you can see the mode is just same (5 on both ends) as with the previously mentioned deadlocks. The only difference is that these are occurying between instances. The strange is that these ones were accompanied with the SQL that caused the problem. So I'm not sure if in our case your statement "If the deadlock is on mode 5 enqueues at both ends, it is most likely to be the foreign key locking issue" is correct.

See below:

--
Dusan Bolek