Re: oracle jdbc abd OpenOffice 2.0

From: Harald Finster <hfinster_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 08:44:10 +0100

Hello

and thanks for your reply, Joe!

Joe Weinstein wrote:

> Hi. The driver and it's exception are telling you pretty much
> what the problem is. Try this URL:
>
> String databaseURL = "jdbc:oracle:oci8:localhost:1521:db1";

I tried this and still got
"Invalid connection string, a valid format is host:port:sid"

As I assume, the information entered in the form (databasename, URL and port) is concatenated by OpenOffice to form the connection string, I also tried:

Name of Database: db1
Port: 1521

and still got the same 'result'.

Kind regards

Harald Received on Wed Nov 09 2005 - 01:44:10 CST