Re: Install of Oracle Lite Fails

From: Fabrizio Magni <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 06:11:41 +0100

Blinkinhek wrote:
> The Lite version = 'Oracle Database Lite 10g (10.2.0) '
> I am installing from the laptop, and am attempting to create a
> stand-alone installation to work on the laptop.
>
> The Installer asks for 'Host', 'Port and 'SID.
>
> I set the Oracle 'Host' to 'LOCALHOST' and Port to 80. However I did
> not know what SID to enter.
>
> I am a complete Oracle newbie ... hence the desire to install a
> stand-alone Oracle system.

Then oracle lite is not the product for you.

Oracle lite is a special product aimed to offline and replication systems.

The stand alone installation (as well as the application server deployed) of oracle lite needs a metadata repository in a already existent database.

Simply change the product.

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com