Re: Need help creating a database

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:59:09 GMT

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:22:26 +0000, Randy Harris wrote:

> 3) I don't have a real good reason for not using the dbca. The other
> databases were all created with it. In this case, the software vendor has
> supplied me with scripts for building this one manually. I would very much
> prefer to build it from his scripts rather than dbca, but need to be able to
> connect as sysdba to make his scripts work.

Try using the DBCA once to create a test database - just to see if it works. If not, that would incicate an environment problem.

If it works, trash that test DB, and use DBCA to generate the 'create test DB' script locally, and see whether you can run that. If THAT works, look at the differences ...

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com