has anyone successfully duplicated (using RMAN) a 10gR2 database with tempfiles?

From: Snewber <snew_at_snew.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 09:42:50 +1000

I was wondering if anyone has successfully duplicated a 10gR2 database with tempfiles as the RMAN (10gR2) now records tempfile information. I have not been able to get RMAN to successfully recreate the tempfiles.

I think that you need to use at least the following rename command:

set newname for tempfile 1 to '/a01/o/DUP/temp.dbf';

and maybe a

switch tempfile all;

I would have thought that since 10gR2 now records tempfile information, it would successfully recreate the tempfiles. Received on Tue Nov 08 2005 - 17:42:50 CST