Re: Install of Oracle Lite Fails

From: Blinkinhek <david.wrigley_at_zen.co.uk>
Date: 8 Nov 2005 15:12:23 -0800

The Lite version = 'Oracle Database Lite 10g (10.2.0) ' I am installing from the laptop, and am attempting to create a stand-alone installation to work on the laptop.

The Installer asks for 'Host', 'Port and 'SID.

I set the Oracle 'Host' to 'LOCALHOST' and Port to 80. However I did not know what SID to enter.

I am a complete Oracle newbie ... hence the desire to install a stand-alone Oracle system. Received on Tue Nov 08 2005 - 17:12:23 CST