Re: Need assistance with RMAN reporting

From: Eric de Redelijkheid <ericdere_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:35:52 +0100

Anno Domini 7-11-2005 20:26, i95dblr_at_gmail.com sprak aldus:

>I'm new to Oracle and RMAN & would appreciate any help with this
>problem. My boss wants me to extract the following information from
>the backups that use the recovery catalog database:
>Client Name
>Backup Date
>Backup Start time
>Elapsed Time
>Job Name (Policy Name) if applicable
>Number of files
>Database Name
>Size in Kbs
>Schedule Type
>Status of Backup
>
>I checked the recovery catalog's rman schema, but I'm unable to come up
>with the correct tables to query. I have the Oracle9i RMAN Backup &
>Recovery book but it doesn't go into too much detail abour how to pull
>information from the recovery cataloge. If anyone could point me in
>the right direction I would appreciate it.

- Read the book carefully. There are three books (at least for the database I am familiar with: 9iR2) on RMAN online:

1. Recovery Manager Quick Reference
2. Recovery Manager Reference
3. Recovery Manager User's Guide

The last book you should read first. It explains things. The middle book gives you in detail the syntax and book number one is abreviated version.

To look for the information you're looking for, I would look at the views in your RMAN catalog. I also recommend logging while backing up your database. Received on Mon Nov 07 2005 - 15:35:52 CST