Re: Oracle Taking Control

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2005 12:19:47 -0800

I hope you are not making assumption like HR folks or whoever does screening based on keywords/sterotypes that person cannot be a good developer and a good DBA at same time. I know several people of such background who were in software development groups - did C, PRO*C, C++, PL/SQL and JDBC programing, yet same time know how to create schema, write triggers, stored procedures, create database, do performance tuning, do backup/recovery. However, I find people have tendency to label others in some narrow role as a developer, DBA, quasi-DBA. production DBA, application DBA. With constant downsizing, offshoring, reduction of permanent position, increase in no of short term temporay hires .our industry forces people to some narrow specialization. Received on Mon Nov 07 2005 - 14:19:47 CST