Re: QUESTION: Stop 9i db from auto-registering in listener

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:49:43 +0100

<bdbafh_at_gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news: 1131389857.230458.37160_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
| Connor,
|
| I had tested that on 10.1.0.4 on w2k3 server.
| the following message is returned:
|
| ERROR:
| ORA-12526: TNS: listener: all appropriate instances are in restricted
| mode
|
| Paul

From "Error Messages" book:

ORA-12526: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are in restricted mode Cause: Database instances supporting the service requested by the client were in restricted mode. The Listener does not allow connections to instances in restricted mode. This condition may be temporary, such as during periods when database administration is performed.
Action: Attempt the connection again. If error persists, then contact the database administrator to change the mode of the instance, if appropriate.

From "Concepts" book, section "Restricted Mode of Instance Startup":

You can start an instance in restricted mode (or later alter an existing instance to be in restricted mode). This restricts connections to only those users who have been granted the RESTRICTED SESSION system privilege.

From "Administrator's Guide", section "Restricting Access to an Open Database":

To place an instance in restricted mode, where only users with administrative privileges can access it, use the SQL statement ALTER SYSTEM with the ENABLE RESTRICTED SESSION clause.

From "Net Services Administrator's Guide":

If an instance is in restricted mode, then PMON instructs the listener to block all connections to the instance. Clients attempting to connect receive one of the following errors:

ORA-12526: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are in restricted mode
ORA-12527: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are in restricted mode or blocking new connections
ORA-12528: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Mon Nov 07 2005 - 13:49:43 CST