Re: Oracle 10g Express, should just about kill the MySQL and Postgresql gang

From: boobie <boobie.webdeveloper_at_mailnull.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:20:57 -0500

"Turkbear"
> Actually you have made the ACME Hosting service less than helpful to
Joey..

> If they were any good at customer service that would let Joey know that a
separate schema ( Not Instance) can be created
> within the existing single Oracle instance for his needs...He can be
granted sufficient rights to manage his own schema and
> his church users would be allowed access to only that schema...
>
> No license violation ( as I read it) and no need for MySql...

<sigh> see this is what I was talking about.... you're still totally focused on the Oracle-centric way...the way *you and I* would do things.

But the real world (most of it) doesn't work like that. You honestly think some average, ordinary Web host is going to : 1) Want to set up Oracle/HTMLDB to be shared by customers ? 2) Still charge something like $19.99 ? Received on Mon Nov 07 2005 - 13:20:57 CST