Re: Oracle 10g Express, should just about kill the MySQL and Postgresql gang

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:43:29 -0800

boobie wrote:
> "DA Morgan"
>

>>1. An inexpensive desktop is sufficient to be a server

> Yes aggree. That's abvious.
>

>>2. If they can't afford a $5/yr domain they don't exist as a commercial

> venture
>
> Please think beyond that...beyond "commercial venture"...actually beyond the
> typical "Oracle Community".
> There are plenty reasons why someone out of this planets billions of
> population need to put up more than a few static web pages.

Of course. But my desire to put my mother's cookie recipes into a database and make it dynamically available to the world does not qualify for more than an electronic version of the 3x5 card.

I think MySQL a great product for what it was designed to be. Those that try to make MySQL do what Oracle does are setting themselves up for disappointment.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org