Re: Oracle's New "Express Edition"

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:38:19 GMT

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:13:16 -0500, boobie wrote:

> from XE FAQ:
> . Single instance only of Oracle Database XE on any server
>
> Wow so you can not install XE as freely as you can with open-source stuff
> like MySQL
> in hosted enviornment.
>
> Well this just about makes XE NOT an option to developers using MySQL.
> Anyone got comments ?

Sure. Learn how to develop in Oracle properly and use Schemas instead of duplicated instance overhead. Works in a hosted environment, and encourages good Oracle-based development instead of simply 'ported MySQL' development.

Or put XE on your laptop. You don't need a central server.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com