Re: Oracle Express and external procedures?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:35:11 GMT

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 00:47:04 -0500, boobie wrote:

> "HansF"

>> For development that is targetted to 'any Oracle Edition', and where you
>> have a Windows machine to run the database, you might consider the
>> Personal Edition.

> hmm i thought "PE" is no more available for a while....

What gives you that idea? .... PE has a different purpose than XE.

PE is a cost effective single user license with all features and options of the EE (except RAC) that gives an easy way to purchase Support. Target is developers.

XE is a cost effective multi user license with few features and no options, supported by the community. Target is Small to Medium Businesses who have been turning to MS Access or MySQL because Oracle has been seen as expensive. HTML DB can easily challenge MS Access.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com