Re: Express Edition

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:29:16 +0100

Chris Geiger schrieb:
> Hi, has anyone had any experiance using the Oracle database, express
> edition. I've downloaded it, and installed it, however it does not run. It
> comes up with an error message telling me I can't access the ftp sever.
> I've loaded it on to a stand alone laptop. Any Ideas ?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Chris.

It sounds like you have a
1) Windows operation system
2) Your windows username has a blank (i.e. "Firstname Lastname")

If my suggestion is right, you can

1) deinstall your XE installation
2) create a new local administrative account without blank in username
3) try to install XE again under this account
4) try to register by OTN in XE forum

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=251

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon Nov 07 2005 - 07:29:16 CST