Re: RAC internals - GLOBAL ENQUEUE SERVICES DEADLOCK DETECTED

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2005 15:16:52 -0800

dusan75_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Yes, I have got info from Oracle that in some cases this numbers should
> be related to transaction id instead of process id. However, I do not
> know how it is encoded, because I'm also using Log Miner to find
> offending SQL, but still with no success. :-(
>
> --
> Dusan Bolek

Using log miner is the way to go, unless you enable SQL trace beforehand. Although it may not help solve your problem, can you ask Oracle when the number(s) is/are PIDs? It may be that with two numbers in brackets (as in your case), they're transaction IDs, and if it's a single number as in Bug:3977157, it's PID. AIX can have surprisingly high PIDs. A message at
http://unix.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/AIX-L/2004-02/0059.html says its max value is > 67 million. Solaris is only up to 999999 and Linux 32k.

Please post back anything interesting you and Oracle support find. Thanks.

Yong Huang Received on Sun Nov 06 2005 - 17:16:52 CST