Re: Oracle's New "Express Edition"

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 13:50:57 +0000

"hpuxrac" <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> # Especially one from Oracle!
> # Paul...

> Paul are you the SQL server guy who is only interested in oracle
> because they want to earn more dollars?

No, I'm not really a SQL server person.

I *_am_* looking at moving to becoming an Oracle DBA/Programmer because it appears more lucrative than my current niche and furthermore there are more jobs out there.

My comment about not using beta Oracle stuff comes from my reading of the book "Readings from the Oak Table" (or some title like that), where there was mention of Oracle's policy of putting ahem.... not fully tested software out on the market.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.