Oracle XE - override prereq checks when installing rpm on linux AS 4.0

From: Steven Kondolf <skondolf_at_nospam.rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 18:33:32 GMT

I have a small home-based Linux server running Redhat AS 4.0 that I want to install Oracle XE on via the rpm downloaded from otn. During the install via the rpm I'm told that I only have 250 megs of ram on my machine and XE wants 256 minimum so the install aborts.

Does anyone know if there's a way to bypass the pre-req check? I know this can be done when installing Oracle via OUI but wasn't sure about an rpm. I tried the --force option on the rpm command but that didn't help.

Thanks for any help given. Received on Sat Nov 05 2005 - 12:33:32 CST