Re: Designing RAC Storage For A Small University

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 5 Nov 2005 07:05:37 -0800

# Jim Kennedy wrote:
#> Consider Mac servers and storage. You could get 2 Mac servers with
2 CPUs
#> each and like 5 terabytes of storage for under 30K with 3 years of
maint.
# > Jim

I believe the OP asked about windows and/or linux.

I am not convinced that oracle is going to stay committed to MAC. Maybe they will maybe they won't.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the same shell game that has been played with solaris on x86.

Now you see it now you don't.

I haven't seen yet a download for 10.2 for MAC.

I haven't seen it yet either for Solaris x86.

What does that say about how committed oracle is to these environments? Received on Sat Nov 05 2005 - 09:05:37 CST