Oracle Taking Control

From: <takveen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2005 02:21:50 -0800

Good Morning Everyone,

Just wanted to share my observation regarding Oracle. If we compare when Oracle 7 with what we have right now i.e. Oracle 10g. Its completely evident that many processes that were the headache of a DBA now controlled by Oracle automatically. Keeping in mind the flow/trend of development of Oracle software, I think may be Oracle 21g would be having everything automated and controlled by the Genie itself. DBA jobs would marely be develop the database only just like we do in MS Access. All maintainence would be taken care of by the Oracle Genie. It

means less opportunities in Oracle DBA field eventually ...

Thanks,

Asim Abbasi
.:|:. Takveen, Inc.
Website: www.takveen.com