Re: Oracle Express and external procedures?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 21:14:17 GMT

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 13:03:47 -0800, tachoknight_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Sorry about that, I didn't know about the older product and assumed
> that XE == Express. I was going to give it (XE) a try because I need a
> development-type installation, where I won't begin to touch the upper
> limits of what XE allows. The only thing though was that the
> development was external procedure related, thus the question.

For development that is targetted to 'any Oracle Edition', and where you have a Windows machine to run the database, you might consider the Personal Edition. If features all capabilities and options of the Enterprise Edition except RAC and the only limitations are - only for one named user, only one per machine, only Windows. (Even use of Oracle Networking is permitted, contrary to popular belief.) It is also almost the least expensive way of getting a Support contract.

Everything I see indicates that extproc is available and fully functional on XE. Bear in mind that XE does not give access to Oracle Support. And that is is in beta for the next while, so undocumented exceptions and opportunities [for troubleshooting] may occur.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com