Oracle 8i Client Software Installation Problems

From: accyboy1981 <accyboy1981_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2005 01:55:22 -0800

Hi,

I'm new to using Oracle. I've got 3 servers each setup identically running win 2000 professional and I'm trying to install Oracle 8i Client Software on each of them. However I'm having difficulty actually installing them when the cd is inserted it autoplays but when the install button is clicked the egg timer appears for a few seconds then disappears and nothing happens. The same happens if I manually go to the exe file on the cd. I've tried copying the contents of the cd to the hdd and installing from there but the same problem occurs. The cd works fine as it can be installed on a machine running win 2000 server. Is this a common problem with Oracle? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Simon Received on Fri Nov 04 2005 - 03:55:22 CST