Re: Block Corruptions on Oracle and UNIX

From: Jining Han <jining.han_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Nov 2005 06:11:16 -0800

I have mixed experiences. I run 9iRAC using OCFS both on Linux and Windows, using EMC dmx. So far I haven't run into any problems with my Linux env.

In Windows, once a DBA wsa trying to increase the tablespace beyond what's available for the logical volume. The operation failed, and the SYSTEM tablespace had corrupt blocks.

This could be more the fault of MS, then OCFS. But it does happen.

Our RMAN backup caught the corruptoni.

Jining Received on Thu Nov 03 2005 - 08:11:16 CST