Block Corruptions on Oracle and UNIX

From: g3000 <carlton_gregory_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Nov 2005 13:41:12 -0800

Good day,

       Just read an article on Oracle Metalink ( DOC ID: 77587.1 ) that explained some issues with Oracle and UNIX device drivers and filesystems that cause Oracle block corruptions.

Im seeking real world do's and dont's of running Oracle on the various flavors of UNIX and or Linux. What should I do to be PROACTIVE in these situations?

I would also like to get comments from those who dont see this is a problem ( please be experienced not a new jack ).

Any hardware monitering tools that have helped? Links to helpful links on this subject. I dont mind reading more.

Thanks for your time it is appreciated. Received on Wed Nov 02 2005 - 15:41:12 CST