Re: Debugging an Oracle connection

From: Marian Aldenhövel <marian_at_mba-software.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:05:10 +0100

Hi,

> In fact, solving ORA-12154 is very easy in most cases

It looks that way from what I've found but I can't seem to pinpoint the problem anyway. What's easy to one person is hard to another ;-).

> Run your application and check the Filemon output.

I did that.

It first loads oci.dll followed by a lot of other oracle-libraries, Oraclient9, Oracore9, Oranls9. All successful. It fails to find MSVCIRT.DLL in the oracle bin-directory but locates and loads it from System32. Then more Oracle-DLLs. Then ORACLE.KEY.

It fails to find ldap.ora, I do not use LDAP, so this is to be expected I guess. It then reads my sqlnet.ora, the file I decorated with the tracing-entries.

It fails to find intchg.ora, tnsnav.ora and sdns.ora in network\admin and network\names respectively. It tries to read tnsnames.ora from my application directory and does not find it there.

It then finds and opens network\admin\tnsnames.ora. It reads from it. It tries intchg.ora and tnsnav.ora again, and does not find them.

By that time the error-message is on the screen and I have stopped the monitoring.

That all looks good to me. I can provide complete information for download should someone care.

Ciao, MM Received on Wed Nov 02 2005 - 02:05:10 CST