Re: imp - how to get a listing of an export file...?

From: Eric Jenkinson <ericjenkinson_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:39:51 -0600

On 1 Nov 2005 11:06:45 -0800, "Tommy" <tommynoble_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've tried imp user/pass_at_alias file=<my exp file> show=YES, but it's
>not giving me anything useful and it's taking ages to do it.
>
>I have yet to find any examples of using SHOW=YES nor have I been able
>to get any useful results. Am I missing something?
>
>Using Oracle 9i rel 2, patch set 4 (9.2.0.5)
>
>TIA
>
>Tommy Noble

According to the docs the SHOW parameter can only be used with the FULL=Y, FROMUSER, TOUSER, or TABLES parameter. FULL defaults to N and FROMUSER, TOUSER and TABLES defaults to none. You might want to try changing your command to one of the following:

imp user/pass_at_alias file=<my exp file> full=y show=y or