Re: Beginners list

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:10:24 GMT

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:13:44 -0800, Joel Garry wrote:

> http://www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/10-2005/msg01037.html
>
> jg

Wat are you trying to say? I have been told that there are no stupid questions on that list. My personal beliefs are not important, given that I am no longer a member. I have never said that I am advertising that list out of the goodness of my heart.The link doesn't negate the list statement that anybody is welcome and that insisting on certain level of the questions is not welcome. I am now on comp.databases.oracle.server and will continue to disparage people who ask questions, without investing even a minimal effort into trying to answer the question themselves. I consider that rude and parasitic behavior, fully deserving some sarcasm. I am not Sybrand Bakker and I don't engage in flame wars and trading insults. Given that there is no moderator on comp.databases.oracle.server, you can hate me, you can love me but you cannot get me out. If the moderator of the list disagrees with me, I can only slam the door on my way out. Here, there is no moderator.

As a long term oracle-l member, I am angry about their decision and will send large quantity of newbies their way, if I only can. Jonathan Lewis, Cary Millsap, Wolfgang Breitling, Pete Sharman, Tanel Poder, Christian Antognini, Steve Adams and many other highly knowledgeable guys are members of that list. My advice is good and stands. My motives for giving such advice are my problem.

--
http://www.mgogala.com