Question: STATSPACK install fails

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2005 15:34:24 -0800

Hi, all.

I'm configuring STATSPACK under 8.1.7.4 on AIX.

I've done several dry runs, installing it and uninstalling it, I've taken snaps, run reports, used oraperf.com, all that jazz.

That was in a POC database. I'm now running it into our real Dev environment.

I ran spcreate, and got an error that the view X$KCBFWAIT already exists.

I tracked the create statement to spcusr.sql, which says:

Rem Create X$views as a temporary workaround to externalizing Rem these objects through V$views

I see no evidence that we've run statspack before in this db. The next step might be to run spdrop and then spcreate again.

I know it's just a view, but not knowing where this view (currently owned by sys) came from, I don't want to just blow it away with spdrop. I want to know where it came from / where it's being used.

Can anyone suggest somewhere else that this view might be used?

Thanks,

BD Received on Mon Oct 31 2005 - 17:34:24 CST