Re: create tablespace creating a problem

From: Eric Jenkinson <ericjenkinson_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:45:57 -0600

On 31 Oct 2005 07:54:30 -0800, "mail2atulmehta_at_yahoo.com" <mail2atulmehta_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using the following query to create a tablespace, but it is giving
>me an error, I thik it is becaue of the uniform size. Any6 help?
>CREATE TABLESPACE INDEX02
> DATAFILE 'c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\INST1\INDEX02.dbf'
>SIZE 2M
>REUSE
> AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 500K MAXSIZE 5M
> EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 4K
> PERMANENT
> ONLINE;
>
>thanks.

You did not provide the error so my reply assumes the following happened:

sql> CREATE TABLESPACE INDEX02
  2 DATAFILE
'/home/oracle/app/oracle/oradata/ora10gr2/INDEX02.dbf'   3 SIZE 2M
  4 REUSE

  5          AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 500K MAXSIZE 5M
  6          EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 4K
  7          PERMANENT
  8          ONLINE;

CREATE TABLESPACE INDEX02
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03249: Uniform size for auto segment space managed tablespace should have atleast 5 blocks

sql>

In 10g Release 2 automatic segment space management is the default for all new permanent, locally managed tablespaces. If use set the extent management to LOCAL UNIFORM you must make sure that each extent contains at least 5 database blocks.

You can find more information at the following link

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/tspaces.htm#sthref1141