Re: explain self join ?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 29 Oct 2005 12:54:49 -0700

Comments embedded.
Oraclegroups wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a table with the table name EMP with 3 columns
> empid,empname,managerid.

This IS the same table you had the last time you posted this same question?

> How can i get the empname and managername by using the above table
> information?

You schedule time with your instructor and ask him or her to further explain the technique. You can also read the links posted to both posts of this question, as apparently you haven't done so. Oh, and possibly your text contains useful information if you'd only open it and read.

> Can u please explain it?

That is a question you should have asked your instructor when this material was covered in class. Unless you didn't attend class that day, or you didn't take notes, or you had a more important party to attend and decided 'gee, I'll figure this out later'.

> Ok thank you.........

My pleasure.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sat Oct 29 2005 - 14:54:49 CDT