Re: database link in oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:34:27 +0200

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:58:55 GMT, Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Of course, you can always come to the wonderful beginner list
>on freelists.org. Jonathan Lewis is a member of the list and
>so is Mark. Your questions will be readily answered. You can
>find more information about how to subscribe in the thread
>named "Beginner list" on this group.

Please retract this message.
The problem with the comp.databases.oracle.* is twofold - many people are not prepared to read manuals, to search Google, etc, so they are all asking RTFM questions
- too many people, you included, ignore those questions, and are not willing to respond to them.
This leaves the burden to answer the RTFM questions to very few people.
Your previous comments as to the answers in this group are insulting, and undesired, especially as you belong to the Redneck people, who put so much stress on etiquette (and at the same time post their own disgusting photo's on their site).

It strikes me that in the answers of Jonathan Lewis his sig (promoting his own materials and courses), is often longer than the actual answer.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA