Re: Config ASM with Oracle 10g Rel-2 on RHEL 4 - unable to load module "oracleasm"

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 29 Oct 2005 10:09:06 -0700

mvmadhu wrote:
> Trying to get ASM (Orcl-10g Rel-2) on Linux RHEL-4. The machine is Intel
> based
> PC with 3 GHz CPU (with HT).
>
> Well, though the box we are working is Uniprocessor based, it says
> "smp" when we said "uname -r".
> We have downloaded "oracleasm-2.6.9-5.0.5.ELsmp-2.0.0-1.i686" and
> applying it.
> Since it was not taken (given an error), we went back to
> "oracleasm-2.6.9-5.0.5.EL-2.0.0-1.i686" file and had a successful
> installation.
>
> But, after the "rpm" thing, while we are trying to config the asmlib
> package using
> # /etc/init.d/oracleasm configure
> it's asking all the questions and going forward except at the end it
> failed
> to enable the asm-module - saying that:
> What do we do now? Please someone help us out.
> Thanks in advance.
> - Madhu

Madhu a pentium 4 with HT is seen as two processors by linux. It is smp.

Any of the install part that you have done so far related to oracle, you must redo the rpm installs with the smp versions. And of course you need to carefully match the rpm's with the version of the os. Received on Sat Oct 29 2005 - 12:09:06 CDT