Re: Adjust AWE_WINDOW_MEMORY value

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:46:18 +0200

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:35:29 +0200, Severin <left-side_at_right-side.fr.invalid> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Context: OS Windows 2003, 8GB RAM, 4CPU
>Ref: Metalink note 225349.1
>
>I'm trying to adjust the AWE_WINDOW_MEMORY value (set as key into the
>registry).
>I have set the AWE_WINDOW_MEMORY to 1GB (=1,048,576 Bytes)
>As describ into the Metalink note 225349.1:
> "If the # of Map misses is relatively high, or particularly of the # of
>map misses increases consistently over time, this may be an indication
>that the value for AWE_WINDOW_MEMORY is set too low."
>
>I would ask you what it means "relatively high" and "increase
>consistently". My number of map misses was 1200 after one day, is it high?
>
>Is it possible to ive a value for AWE as great as that value is staing on
>0?
>
>Thanks for your answers and tips!
>Best Regards!

increase consistently: does not stays the same, but keeps increasing. Expressions like this are best looked up in a dictionary. It seems you are adhering the 'More is better' approach: you tune the O/S by throwing resources at the problem. I can guarantee you it is not going to work, EVER.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA