Re: Adjusting to DB2

From: sPh <sphealeyxxx_at_xxxworldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:18:33 GMT

>>Or because IBM delays its release on all ports to make it look so?

> Finally someone said it.

Not to be rude but: who cares? Nobody sits around waiting for the release of a new version for production database systems, in the manner that we used to wait excitedly for new releases of Lotus 1-2-3. I talk to people daily who are using Oracle 8.0 and 7.x in production - analyzing the apps and porting to new versions can take years. If you need the features of a new version that badly, you are already talking to support and running a beta copy - the exact release date +/- one year is meaningless.

sPh Received on Fri Oct 28 2005 - 07:18:33 CDT