Re: Set NLS_DATE in oracle

From: Arto Viitanen <arto.viitanen_at_csc.fi>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:41:14 +0300

StefanKapitza wrote:
> evoradba_at_yahoo.ca wrote:

>> I have oracle installation on linux Oracle 9i now I need to set the >> NLS_DATE to display the hour and minutes

> If you want a specific time format at your client, you could export
> nls_date_format (at the client)

I fixed the problem (I was evaluating a webbased program written in Perl and Perl's idea from date/time format differed to Oracle's) by using a session trigger: everytime a session starts, the date format is set to the one Perl prefedded. This way did not have to change the code (remember, it was someone else's code).

Arto Viitanen Received on Fri Oct 28 2005 - 04:41:14 CDT