Re: Adjusting to DB2

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:59:04 -0600

"Mark Townsend" <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:43619F9A.5060905_at_comcast.net...
><snip>
> XML Extender "A fully integrated component of DB2" that's only available
> on 32 bit platforms.
> Intelligent Miner "IBM's in-database mining capabilities" not available on
> Linux.
>
> Are spatial, text and XML not "immediate features" of DB2 ?

They are add-on applications, and not part of the database engine. I have heard that XML will be integrated with DB2 in version 9, but right now XML Extender is not integrated with the database engine, even though it comes free with Enterprise Server Edition (not sure about the other editions). Received on Thu Oct 27 2005 - 22:59:04 CDT