Re: Adjusting to DB2

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:19:34 +1000

Jim Kennedy apparently said,on my timestamp of 27/10/2005 12:19 PM:

> Finally someone said it. Look I had a friend that worked for IBM many

It's been a standard tactic of IT for "portable" products since I don't remember when. For many, many software makers. To even attempt to make it stick nowadays only shows the immense lack of IT experience of some of the bozos IBM hires as marketeers. Like: we all don't know the parlous state of support for most of the ancillary software needed to make products such as these portable?

Let me see: M$ only breaks the Oracle code in every service pack, but never the DB2 code? Ah yes I forgot: because DB2 is "better coded". Yeah! Right...

Present company excepted: Serge is not a marketroid, that I know for sure. Mark I dunno, but I suspect he isn't.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto