Re: Adjusting to DB2

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:02:17 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:
>

>> You must be confusing these with an outdated copy
>> of Enterprise Manager, or, horror of horrors, Server Manager.

> I think you are giving MarkA far too much credit. Nothing he
> has posted to date indicates he has any real database experience
> in any product. I would certainly expect any RDBMS professional
> to know what instrumentation is and to understand the concept
> of tuning.

Well - after a little bit of net sleuthing, I think I know a little bit of Mark's background, and I do believe that he has a great deal of real world experience with DB2 on the mainframe, at least. So I would think that some level of professional courtesy is due (and it should be reciprocal as well, of course). Received on Wed Oct 26 2005 - 22:02:17 CDT