Re: Adjusting to DB2

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:58:37 -0600

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1130340285.883203_at_yasure...
> Given that you have never seen Oracle's source code. You should never
> have commented.
>
> The size of a porting team has little if anything to do with how well
> or poorly anything is written or encapsulated. It may well be that one
> team is larger than another because of the number of products it ports.
> It might be larger because of the complexity of the product ... DB2
> sure doesn't need anyone to port RAC or Grid or Partitions: Capabilities
> it doesn't have.
>
> Then again it might just be that one company has a larger testing
> component associated with the team because they are more concerned with
> quality or creating on-line documentation or any number of other
> possibilities.
>
> Your comment was baseless and immitating MarkA's posturing is not
> flattering to your otherwise professional reputation.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

I am not posturing about anything. But I and many others have exposed you as a person who frequently deals in character assassination and trolls on this forum, and starts flame wars by hijacking threads.

This thread is about how much education is necessary for an Oracle DBA to support a DB2 application that is already written. It is not about a comparison between DB2 and Oracle that you have made it. Received on Wed Oct 26 2005 - 12:58:37 CDT